BISA has become the leading representative body for spa accreditation worldwide. Through its British International Spa Accreditation scheme, BISA seeks to establish consumer confidence through quality standards in the spa and health resort industries.
The accreditation insignia denotes that a spa or resort is one of many establishments or individual therapists around the world where BISA have identified customer confidence standards that comply with the Waves of Excellence criteria.
About BISA Spa Accreditation
First established in 1998, the Waves of Excellence is an accreditation system developed to indicate that a spa is offering products and services that the consumer can enjoy with confidence. The award is based on a quantitative and qualitative research questionnaire directed at consumers using the specific spa.
The research ascertains the customer reaction to a number of key issues such as quality of service, ambiance, satisfaction with therapies and treatments, value for money, professionalism of staff, range of services available, etc. Responses are scored and where the overall results exceed that of the bench mark, the spa is eligible to be accredited. Details of the research are then available to the spa for their own use and guidance.
In this way BISA monitors consumer satisfaction with the spa services offered. With all BISA Accredited Spas there is an underlying quality assurance based on real life experience.
Advantages of BISA accreditation for spas and their customers
- The accredited spa and accredited therapists are part of a mutually supportive network of elite that are internationally recognised as delivering an exemplary service that the consumer can rely on with confidence.
- BISA accreditation also reflects the spas ability to deliver a dependable service over an extended time period: each consecutive year of participation the number of dark blue waves on the accreditation emblem increases by one to a maximum of seven.
- Spas promote BISA accreditation in their publicity material to endorse their own quality standards, thereby raising awareness and respect for themselves and the scheme.
- Spas with BISA accreditation automatically get their accreditation featured on their entry on Spagazers.com – The Spas Directory and other BISA publicity and promotional material.
- The BISA accredited spas generate enhanced value for their services as a result of accreditation by the BISA team.
- Spas benefit from the findings of their confidential customer satisfaction research, enabling them to improve their service delivery.
- International tourism recognises the BISA accreditation as a worldwide endorsement that influences spa tourists and their choice of destination.
- Therapists who have performed to a high standard are recognised through the accreditation scheme and can wear the internationally accredited insignia.
- BISA, with its decades of experience, is available to offer guidance and advice to BISA accredited spas.
Finding BISA accredited spas
To discover spas that have already qualified for the BISA Waves of Excellence, click the link below:
The accreditation scheme was developed by BISA and Dr. B E Osborne and is subject to copyright. All rights reserved.
For further information about accreditation, auditing and certification please e-mail:
BISA Chair of Accreditation